DVBLink for HDPVR 2.0 Beta 1
We are proud to announce the availability of the version 2.0 Beta. This version offers a lot in terms of improved usability and simplicity. The major improvements are:
- Full support for Multiple HD PVRs
- Built-in line-up editor in HDPVRBridge Properties (simplified version based on GuideTool)
- Improved smart upgrade installation (you won’t need to save your configuration manually anymore)
- Introduction of hooks feature (change-channel, on-idle, on-standby, on-device-error-power-cycle)
- Various UI/Configuration edition improvements.
- Product version validation
The installation documentation and FAQs on 1geek1tool has not been updated yet to reflect all these changes. The main differences for the installation are:
- You don’t need to use DVBlink Add-in anymore (within Media Center) to synchronize your line-up. The first steps are all the same.
- For upgrading, you don’t need to uninstall “Dvblink Server” as it has not changed. Only uninstall DVBLink for HDPVR and reinstall the Beta version.
- The location of the configuration files, log files and IR files has changed to Dvblink\Data\<sourcename>
This version is for DVBLink for HDPVR experienced users that want to give a shot at the new features (especially the multi-hdpvr). Beginners, but Computer literate users, can also try installing it. Even if the installation documentation is not accurate yet the installation is very simplified and we are confident users will be able to find their way around it.
Contrary to the 1.0 Beta versions, this version is fully licensed. That means:
- If you have a license for DVBLink for HDPVR, your license will still be valid/compatible with 2.0 Beta and with the future 2.0 Release
- If you don’t have a license for DVBLink for HDPVR and you have installed the 30-days version, the 30-day counter won’t get reset with the 2.0 Beta installation
- If you buy a license using the 2.0 Beta, the license is valid both for the old 1.0.2 version and the future 2.0 version as well