DVBLink for HDPVR 2.0 Beta 2
After a much long wait, we are announcing DVBLink for HDPVR 2.0 Beta 2. While you wont see it, this version has seen its internals re-organized and re-written to help with maintenance and issues. The additional improvements are:
- Added a “Stream Saver” feature to get rid of the infamous “No TV Signal” message. That is, if the HD PVR Streaming is lost, we feed a dummy stream that Media Center continues recording “unknowingly”. This way, if you have an “on-device-error-power-cycle” hook present, Media Center won’t abort your recording.
- Added support for sub-channel numbers (ex: 700.1 or 700-1)
- Much improved MCE Compatible IR support (fixed the frequency bug AND the port selection)
- Improvements and bug fixes to line-up editor.
- Added the ability to change the “set-top-box” number for your channels in your line-up.
- Hardware fingerprint changed to use Ethernet MAC address.
- Fixed the registration dialog for all platforms.
This version is for DVBLink for HDPVR experienced users that want to give a shot at the new features and for users experiencing issues with version 1.0.2.
Since this version now uses the Ethernet MAC address as the hardware fingerprint, you will need to request a new activation key. All future releases as well will move to this new hardware fingerprint method.
- If you have a registration key for DVBLink for HDPVR, your registration key won’t be compatible with 2.0 Beta and 1.0, however you license will still be valid and you will be able to request a new registration key.
- If you don’t have a registration key for DVBLink for HDPVR and you have installed the 30-days version, the trial counter will get reset with the 2.0 Beta 2 installation, for an additional 15 days.
- If you buy a license using the 2.0 Beta 2, the registration key won’t be compatible with the 1.0.2 version, but it will be with the future 2.0 version. You however will be able to request a key for the 1.0.2 if you decide to use it instead of the 2.0.