January 6th, 2011
Prepare your HD-PVR
- Install the latest HD PVR drivers from Hauppauge support website.
- Reboot if required.
If you plan on using HD-PVR internal IR Blaster (not recommended):
- Install the IR Software from the CD provided with the HD PVR
- Don’t install from the “Custom installation” menu, some key components will be missing
- Only install IR32, only install IR Blaster component
- Make sure the blaster is detected and works properly with BlastCfg.exe. DVBLink for HDPVR and BlastCfg.exe both rely of the same interfaces to communicate with the IR Blaster. Therefore, if BlasterCfg.exe does not detect the IR blaster, DVBLink for HDPVR certainly won’t.
- Configure the IR blaster to work with your set-top-box and test it (both using BlastCfg.exe).
- Close BlastCfg.exe and restart it. Make sure your settings were saved.
- DVBLink for HDPVR does not rely on any component installed by Arcsoft TotalMedia Extreme (TME). However, if you have it installed, it should not cause incompatibility issues with DVBLink for HDPVR and it could be used for testing.
- If IR.EXE is installed and running on the computer (installed by IR32.EXE) you should close it and prevent it from starting.
Install (or update) DVBLink Server
Follow the DVBLink server‘s installation instructions. Do not forget to reboot if required.
Install DVBLink for HDPVR
Detect DVBLink virtual tuners (Setup TV Signal)
- Open Media Center
- Go to settings and begin the Setup Tv Signal process
- Deep into the setup, it begins Examining TV Signals, which is a very long operation, just cancel the scanning
- Choose Let me configure my Digital Satellite (DVB-S) without signal detection
- If you have other tuners, select Add Satellite tuners and select no if it asks you if you’re using a Set-top box
- Select only DVBLink Tuner #1 (*** that’s right, only ONE tuner should be checked ***)
- Pick any satellite from the next list (your choice does not matter) and choose the Universal LNB option
- Repeat operation no 6 & 7 for each other DVBLink tuner (#2, #3, #4)
- Complete the TV Signals setup
Configure DVBLink for HDPVR
- Start the DVBLink Server Configuration tool (Start Menu/All Programs/DVBLink/DVBLink Server Configuration)
- Create a source by selecting HDPVR (Stream), on the left under the source templates list, and using the right pointing green arrow (you can pick any name for your source)
- Open the DVBLink for Hauppauge HDPVR Configuration window by clinking on the “…” button located at the end of your source definition line (in the “Sources” pane)
- Follow the Wizard instructions and choose your line-up.
- If the Wizard does not pop-up automatically, click on the Lineup button in the top left corner.
- From the HDPVR Setup tab, configure the settings according to your current HDPVR configuration and click on the Test button. If you do not get a positive result, check your HDPVR configuration and try again.
- (Optional) From the Blaster Configuration tab, select the mode to use to change channels on your set-top-box. Configure the parameters for the selected method.
Note: The default blaster more is “None”, which will prevent any channel changes. This is useful to diagnose initial configuration. It is recommended to set your blaster later.
- Close DVBLink for Hauppauge HDPVR Configuration window.
- Close the DVBLink Server Configuration tool and allow it to restart the service
- Add your channels to the Windows Media Center Guide.
Enjoy!This page is wiki editable click here to edit this page.